Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Isaac

Each of my wonderful children are a blessing from God. My firstborn, Isaac, is a sensative and compassionate little boy. Recently, a lady at church wore a new outfit and no one noticed until the Sunday night service. Then, the only one was Isaac. He walked up and said, "That's a nice dress." Touching the silky material with sparkles in the fabric he exclaimed, "Ooh, it feels nice." It made the lady's day.

His sensitivity means he is easily crushed. I work hard to keep others from hurting his gentle spirit and am broken to realize that I'm the one who does it most often. So as I watch this video from Andrew Peterson, I'm broken to realize that I cannot sacrifice him on my own selfish altars. Isaac is only mine to raise, he really belongs to God. That is where I choose to place him, in the hands of a Holy God.

No comments:

Post a Comment