Saturday, October 10, 2009

White Tails


Sarah grew up on a quaint farm in the hills of Iowa. We went there yesterday and walked around looking for any kind of wild animals. On the north side of the farm, her brother, Troy, and the boys and I found a small scrape and couple rubs. Then we took the boys in (because walking through tall wet grass in the woods is tough) and searched in the pines on the south side of the farm. We scared up a beautiful big buck. As it was running off, we think it's a 4 point (8 point according to Iowans) and a big one at that. We immediately set to work putting a stand in an elm right at the crossroads of three trails and several rubs at the edge of the pines. I'm very excited to learn how to bow hunt. My shot's not bad, I have a great place to hunt, and I have the time to do it. I'm hoping for some venison and mount in my office!

No comments:

Post a Comment